Sunday, October 30, 2011

Honey Pumpkin Pie

I've always wanted to make a REAL pumpkin pie. Not with the pumpkin that comes in a can, but from an actual round pumpkin that is freshly picked from the vine. Well, a few weeks ago I was able to check that off my list of things to do before I die. I went to a pumpkin patch with some friends and saw the baking pumpkins and knew I had to do it. Here's the recipe I used as well as some pictures of the process...ENJOY!!

Honey Pumpkin Pie
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 unbaked pie shell
Combine pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Add eggs and milk. Pour into pie shell and bake at 425ยบ for 40 to 45 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.

(a little warning, I haven't edited the pictures yet, so don't judge)

The pumpkin used to make the delicious pie.


All cleaned and ready for the grand transformation.

Cut the pumpkin into 1-2 inch cubes.




Put in a large pot with an inch of water. Boil and then cover and steam.



Drain.


Remove the skin...

MUSH!!

Then to make the pie :)

Ready to be cooked. (ps the batter is delicious!)

Pre-oven....

perfect!

Ready to eat :)







No comments:

Post a Comment